Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thank you, Teachers!

 
C. J. Stegall-Evans in her blog, Writing As A Sacred Art ,has written the following about the teaching profession:

I wanted to become a teacher because teachers do this amazing thing; you know the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, well, teachers just give it away. Teachers stand in their classrooms every day and dispense the keys to success
 In Praise of Teachers

As a parent and someone who has taught non-professionally (homeschooling, Sunday School, etc), I can relate to Ms. Stegall-Evans article.  I would encourage the reader to reach out and show your appreciation to a teacher(s) in the next few days and let him/her know what a difference (s)he has made in your life. 

I also invite the reader to read the rest of this brief article and others found at her site.  See, for example, her post, Words on a Page about writing!  Excellent and insightful.

Writing as a Sacred Art

1 comment:

  1. Good reminder. I keep meaning to write a letter of appreciation to the two teachers who really made a difference in my life. I put it over and over because I don't have their contact information. But Woody, I'm going to give the board of education a call to see if they'll give a former student those addresses. Thanks for the prompting!

    ReplyDelete